Listening is a foundation skill for life. But we are increasingly becoming poorer at it. This is because our attention is partially or wholly diverted. Perhaps we are listening to respond and waiting (with increasing impatience) for the other person to stop talking, so we can say whatever is on our mind!
The most successful people in business are great at listening. If this skill gives them the edge, then consider what it can do for your organisation!
- Are you listening?
- The signs of poor listening
- Qualities of a good listener
- 6 elements of good listening
- The importance of body language
- A deeper dive into being present
- Does technology help or hinder?
- Handling distractions
- What if you’re not being listened to?
- Putting it into practice.